This race is possible only because of numerous volunteers who give up their day to make the magic happen for the runners. We appreciate and are grateful for each of them. Remember to thank them when you are on the course.
The Race Directors especially thank the following:
- Our wives (Cindy, Katy and Wendi), who support the race throughout the year and put in long hours on race weekend, working just as hard as we do.
- Jeff Sherman who helps coordinate volunteers who live near the course and helps us out in numerous other ways on race day.
- Jeffrey Wise who takes vacation time to work side by side with the race directors all weekend.
- Rick Putnam, our volunteer coordinator.
- Phil Vaughn, RD of the event for 20 years before we took it over. Phil continues to graciously support our efforts and the race.